Institute of Healthcare Management
IHM members are eligible for a discounted rate of £299 + VAT each to attend our forthcoming events.
Find out more about becoming an IHM member
The IHM is the professional organisation for managers throughout healthcare, including the NHS; Independent Providers; Healthcare Consultants and the Armed Forces.
The IHM’s focus is on improving patient/user care wherever and whenever healthcare is needed. The route to achieving this is through the promotion of excellence in healthcare management.
The IHM achieves this by:
- Publishing standards of management practice
- Promoting the IHM Code (covering behavioural and ethical aspects of management practice)
- Establishing a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) framework
- Promoting CPD and moving towards implementing a CPD validation mechanism
- Holding CPD events in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Establishing a coaches database to support members when they choose an executive coach
The IHM has access to the highest offices of the NHS. Many of the senior players in the NHS are members of the IHM. More importantly, by promoting CPD, the IHM influences the management practice of thousands of managers.
More information on the IHM can be found on our website www.ihm.org.uk.