Did you come to this Event?
If you attended, you can now download the PDF documentation used at the conference. Please visit http://www.sbk-healthcare.com/documents/ and login using the information supplied at the conference.
Conference documentation in both hard and electronic copy is available for purchase at £89. In addition to being posted a copy, all the documentation is now available to you in electronic format so that you can access the papers and presentations online.
It will include the following presentations:
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research Contracts • Examining what is included in the clinical research model contract • Sharing practical insight: simplifying terminology and levels of coverage explained • Understanding different elements of contract risk • Allocation of rights and responsibilities, and governance check: do you always need a contract? • Unmasking essential confidentiality, indemnity and intellectual property issues • Practical hints and tips on setting out and embedding finances • Practical considerations for University involvement: understanding when they should be a party or not
- Making Modifications to the Standard Model Contracts for Clinical Research • Introduction to the suite of model contracts: what they cover and when to use them • Sharing examples of common areas of negotiation and modifications, and avoiding classic pitfalls • Gaining legal insight into acceptable changes: ensuring you are covered • Inclusion of foreign law provisions when working with international companies
- Contracting outside of the Clinical Research Model Agreement Remit • Understanding the range of clinical studies and their different contracting needs • Reviewing the benefits and risks of formal contracts vs appropriate documentation • What key areas should trusts focus in on for non-standard agreements? • A quick guide to Human Tissue Agreements: when might the protocol be enough? • Best practice sub-contracting outside the NHS and between NHS organisations • Understanding the requirements of IMP Manufacturing
- Organisation Level Agreements: Developing an Overarching Agreement between University of Southampton and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust • Sharing the journey of how an overarching agreement was developed • Delivering process efficiency key benefits of overarching agreements and some pitfalls • Ingredients to an effective agreement: outline of what needs to be included and how to structure it with a more detailed discussion around some of the key elements and principles • The challenge of keeping it up to date
- Practical sessions: Legal Clinic: Sharing Common Areas of Dispute and Practical Examples of Clinical Research Contracts • Examples and case studies of common hurdles and trip points for NHS Trusts • Avoiding disputes: essential insight to safeguard your interests • Practical guidance and experienced reassurance: quick legal insight into areas of concern
The event took place on Tuesday 6th March 2012 in Manchester. Order your copy of the documentation for only £89 today.
Forthcoming events in the Clinical Research Services portfolio:
Structuring and Reviewing
Clinical Research Contracts
Practical insight and key legal advice on how to ensure watertight, robust agreements
Monday 11th February 2013, Birmingham
Scenario Based Learning Day:
Costing Clinical Research
Fully Interactive Day: How to Build and Negotiate a Robust Industry Costing Template
Tuesday 12th February 2013, Birmingham
Tuesday 12th March 2013, Edinburgh
Nurse Led Solutions to Successful
Patient Recruitment and Retention
Tuesday 27th November 2012, Maple House, Birmingham
Wednesday 13th February 2013, Colmore Gate, Birmingham
How to Secure Funding for
Non-Commercial Clinical Research
Best practice insights into costing models and grant applications from across the country
Wednesday 13th March 2013, Colmore Gate, Birmingham
Click on the dates above to view the right study day for you.
Contact : 01732 897788